Join us for a 2-days workshop that will introduce and equip you with all the basics you'll ever need to embark on your own watercolor journey in learning Wei Tieng's signature whimsical & detailed watercolor techniques.
This class is suitable for beginners to intermediate level. We're keeping the class small (maximum of 8 pax) as to ensure each student get ample of one-on-one guidance according to individual pace and skill level.
The Watercolor Exursion course outline:
Day 1 (13 July / Sat / 12pm to 6pm):
Understanding Colors - The Fundamentals
On the first day, we're going to master some brushworks, and learn about colors, color, and colors! Color creates visual impact, it evokes emotion, it organises design. We will learn the fundamentals in creating a color wheel, what are complementary colors, exploring intuitive color mixing, understanding the science behind colors to express your message through them in your painting. We'll go through exercises on color harmonies, training your eye to recognize what are warm greens and cool green, how to utilise complementary colors the right way, and so much more!
Day 2 (14 July / Sun / 12pm to 6pm):
Whimsical Floral Frame/ Wreath
We will come back for Day 2 in understanding basic artwork composition and layout, various watercolor techniques that includes strokes, glazing and layering. The main project that we will be doing will be the whimsical floral artwork of your choice (either frame or wreath) with alot of detail pulse and precision practice, concentrating on controlled color blending, value shifts, and depth.
You will be provided:
• The Watercolor Excursion workbook printed on 200gsm watercolor paper
• A comprehensive beginners manual covering class's notes, watercolor tools & artwork samples
Take-home kit is optional (Additional RM20).
• Alpha / White Nights artist grade paint* (12 colors) squeezed ready in travel palette, Size 03 brush (from Silverwhite/ Hosay*), Watercolor paper (5 sheets, from Arto Campap/ Clairefontaine*) *whichever is available in stock
*if you're opting out to purchase the material kit, kindly bring your own supplies of:
• watercolor (Alpha / White Nights quality equivalent). Pentel / Buncho are strongly not recommended
• watercolor brush size 0, 3, 5
*Kindly note that absentees/ last minute cancellation for this class will not be refundable. The seat for workshop is transferable with a replacement students, but not re-placeable for future classes unless with valid medical certification
• Seats are limited on a first pay first served basis.
• Upon our seat confirmation email reply, your seat will be reserved for 12 hours for payment window. If payment is not received within the 12 hours, your seat will be given to the next booking in line (if any).
• If you are unable to make it, do be advised to find a replacement as there will be no refunds.