Bucket Bag Leathercraft Workshop by DIYKL
Date: 9th Dec, 2018
Time: 10am to 7pm (with 30 mins break)
Venue: Pendidikan Seni (Grey Area, Ex-8 Building, Lot. 3, Jalan SS13/4, Subang Jaya
Bucket bags are still so in. With an abundance of styles, a bucket bag is definitely a bag you should own. Its chic and minimalist silhouette will never truly go out of style.
In this NEW workshop by DIYKL, you will be taught by enthusiastic leathercrafter co-founder of DIYKL, Saran (http://instagram.com/vorlotwen! You will learn from scratch how to make a leather bucket bag with a crossbody strap. Our leathercraft workshops are always a lot of fun and it’s a beautiful skill to learn!
To make it worth every cent, the 8-9 hour workshop will guide you on crafting your own chic Leather Bucket Bag:
- Genuine cow leather will be used. Colours of leathers to choose from: Classic Black or Dark Navy. Our leathers are bought based on availability. Do indicate your first choice and second choice colours when you sign up!
- Approximate size: Height/Depth: approx. 26cm, Width of bag: approx. 15cm
- Techniques on making clean cuts on leather using a knife. However, the main body panels of the bag will be pre-cut to minimise the time needed during the workshop
- Learn how to use a pricking iron to create holes in the leather for hand-stitching
- Dyeing/edging the edges of your leather to give it a polished look
- Learn the traditional saddle-stitch method to hand-stitch leather which would take approximately 3-4 hours. This might be the hardest part, but trust us, you are going to appreciate your own handiwork. Your stitching will be accompanied with a stitching pony.
- Personalise your leather bag with embossing. Choose to stamp your name or initials!
What students will receive and what to expect:
- Leather materials will be included
- Leather tools will be provided for usage in the workshop. However if you wish to purchase a leather tool set, please let us know in advance
- Expect lots of fun! Just check out our previous leathercraft workshops on
Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/diykl/) and Instagram
- Lunch is not included, as there will be delicious food you can purchase at the event space! We recommend having a cup of coffee to keep your adrenaline up!
• Seats are limited on a first pay first served basis.
• Upon our seat confirmation email reply, your seat will be reserved for 12 hours for payment window. If payment is not received within the 12 hours, your seat will be given to the next booking in line (if any).
• If you are unable to make it, do be advised to find a replacement as there will be no refunds.